After 26 years of service dedicated to the building of cabinets and architectural millwork, I am hanging it up to pursue a new career with Jesus. I am not exactly sure what He has in store for me, but I am trusting in Him and walking by faith, knowing the future is going to be great.
About a month ago I received a Word from the Lord telling me not to be entangled with the world. We are in the world, but not of the world, Jn 17:16. And we must not entangle ourselves with the affairs of this life. In everything we must keep our focus on Him. Holding fast to Him and His Word and not be distracted by the cares of this world, the deceitfulness of riches and the lust of other things, Mk 4:19.
The Lord showed me 2 Tim 2:4 like I have never seen it before:
2 Timothy 2:4
4 No one engaged in warfare entangles himself with the affairs of this life, that he may please him who enlisted him as a soldier.
This spoke to my heart and changed my life. After this, all I saw when reading the Scriptures was this phrase- "Do not be entangled with the affairs of this life."
Keep your eye on the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus, Phil 3:14.
I have a lot of great things in the works and am excited to see God moving in my life.
- I am continuing my studies of the Greek New Testament and learning to read the New Testament in the original Greek language as it was given by the Holy Spirit. This has been so rewarding and fruitful. The depth of this language is astounding and I am so grateful to be learning it.
- I have started my own business collecting and selling rare antiquarian Bibles and Bible leaves
- Through this, I have created a Historical Bible Exhibit of how we got our Bible and wrote a book about it
- By the favor and grace of God, I have also become more active in the church, specifically the Bible study class that my dad teaches every Sunday at Victory Church. I have had the pleasure to teach on a couple of occasions and hope to do so more in the future.
- this class has introduced me to a fellowship of believers, showing me the true definition of the Biblical term "κοινωνια"
The Grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all, Amen
Ἡ χάρις τοῦ Κυρίου ἡμῶν Ἰησοῦ Χριστοῦ μετὰ πάντων υμῶν. ἀμην.